Important Instructions for Candidates Regarding Typing Test Instructions to be Conducted for Recruitment of Posts of Clerks and Clerk Cum Data Entry Operator advertised through Advertisement No 04/2016 and Posts of Data Entry Operator advertised through Advertisement No 03/2016.
- The Typing Test will be Conducted from 24 to 30 August 2018. The Candidates can download their Admit Cards from the Board’s Website. from 16.08.2018. onwards.
- Punjabi and English Type Test will be conducted on the Computer using Typing Software, The Type test will be evaluated by the software and result will be displayed instantly. including all the typing errors.
- The Candidates will have to type Punjabi passage in Unicode Compliant Raavi font using INSCRIPT keyboard. The Punjabi Passage will be composed from characters taken from Gurmukhi Alphabet. Gurmukhi and English number and Punctuation marks. The Candidates are supposed to type the text exactly as provided in the question paragraphs.
- The duration of Punjabi and English type test will be 10 Minute for each test.
- Time Interval of 05 Minutes will be provided between both language tests.
- To Clear the test, the candidate must have a minimum gross typing speed of 30 words per minute in both Punjabi and English. Maximum 8% would be permissible to pass the test, meaning thereby that at least 92% accuracy is required in addition to the typing speed.
- Proper care has to be taken for spaces while typing punctuation marks, wrong spacing of punctuation marks will be treated as space error. for Punjabi, the Lagamatras, and half character have to be typed at proper positions and if any such character is ommitted or additional characters are added in the words, then the complete word will be treated as wrong.
- Some of the Keys of Keyboard, which are not relevant to the typing test software. would remain non functional during the type test.
- A Mock test will be made available on the Board’s Website approximately 10 days before type test.
- The Login details i.e. username and password will be provided to the candidates before starting the exam to access the typing test application.
- Candidate is suggested to follow all the Instructions carefully appearing on the computer screen at the time of Typing Test.
- Candidate should report at the examination center well before the time prescribed in the Admit Card. if the Candidate misses slot allotted to him. no extra chance will be given to the candidate to appear the test.
- Final result will be announced on website within one week after the conclusion of test.
Download Typing Test Instructions PDF File